Skip to main content

Life is Certainly a Roller Coaster Ride

I first would like to say to the lovely folks who read my blog, I am so sorry that I have not written in so long. My life began to be filled with challenges that I could never have expected. It would have been nice if I could have opened up my book on life and read ahead to mentally prepare for these challenges, but instead they hit me like a ton of bricks. I was concerned for my own health at the time, which turns out to be okay. Polyps, not cancer, so thankful for that. I learned that sadness is often more than sadness. I discovered what depression is. I have also learned how it can be managed for a happier, healthier life. I have felt fear and hopelessness within my family and found that even when you feel that there is no hope in a situation, that you can come out stronger and more resilient on the other side.

In 2015 I feel that I am more true to myself and those around me more than ever before. I don't try to be anything I am not, and I am okay if being myself is not every ones cup of tea, because I like myself. I am not sure that this comes with age or simply life events. But I am accepting my realities as just that. Some people may say I am a pessimist, perhaps that is so, but I feel that my thoughts (not all of them, but most) are realistic. I think life is a roller coaster and a cycle. Good things happen, bad things happen. If it's going good something you don't want is lurking around the corner.

In my thirty-five years I have moved 15 times, lived in seven states, got married, had a daughter, made friends, lost friends, lost both of my parents, had several jobs, worked from home, written a children's book on CD, lost weight, gained weight, cried, laughed, and cried some more. I have had money and been through times without. Life never seems to be that perfect picture that so many of us strive for. So why do we try so hard to achieve "perfect" when the scales are always tipping from side to side no matter what effort you give? I am living in the moment. It may sound romantic to some but I just feel that for myself it's the best way to achieve personal happiness and peace. When it's good take it all in laugh hard, smile big. Save that feeling deep in your soul, because that bad will happen and memories of the good can help you keep trudging through life's muck.

People and pets get sick and die. Jobs, homes, possessions, and relationships are lost. You have to deal with what may come when it arrives. Otherwise you waste a lot of energy trying to prepare for what may or not come. Just be sure to love those around you while they are here. Play with your pets and your kids. Take time to visit your family members. Do something everyday that makes you laugh or makes you smile. If life offers you a plate that is 75% bad and 25% good than enjoy that good. It honestly outweighs the bad if you let it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, " A picture is worth a thousand words". This phrase comes to mind  when I look at a photo of myself from October of 2018. The photo was taken during Halloween and I had dressed as a gypsy. No offense to anyone who has a "gypsy" heritage/ancestry. Since I was young I have been fascinated by old movies featuring the typical gypsy fortune teller. And I have loved this image with all of its magic and mystique ever since. So I was so excited to dress up and hand out candy. I took a photo of my garb in all its glory. Then upon seeing this image I was instantly saddened at what appeared before my eyes. Look at this fat lady. My goodness how did I become so wide? I was horrified at my now scary costume. I have struggled on and off with weight gain since high school. I started putting on pounds in 7th grade. You can see that my face was becoming fuller in the school photos. I was a solid size 16 in ninth grade. I lost some weig...

The Sinking Ship of Depression

If you are triggered by talk of depression please don't read any further. Take care of yourself. This post is a personal reflection of how someone without depression sees this illness and expresses personal opinions of such. I never really understood what depression was or what it looked like. Though to my surprise I had seen it before in my mother, it is still a mystery to me.  Sure I have had deep feelings of sadness over a loss of a loved one, a beloved pet, a friendship that unraveled, or a personal failure of some type. But I always shed my tears, took a nap, gorged on carbs and sugar and moved forward. But when someone close to you experiences depression you realize it is more than a deep sadness. It's this gnawing monster that lives inside of a person and they have to battle this beast daily. Some days are better than others, but I know when the monster is strong, those days are the worst. And this is looking on from the outside. I see the struggle to be strong. I ...

Bacon Makes Your Clothes Fall Off

If you haven't heard of the Keto Diet you may be living under a rock. Keto is the newest craze that dieters across the US are flocking to. You will see Keto products on the shelves in the diet/nutrition section of your supermarket, as well as TV commercials for Keto weight loss shakes, meals, etc. It's not surprising that the Keto craze began, because the first things you hear about this diet are that you can eat all of the bacon, butter, and cheese you want. No calorie counting just eat bacon and fat and your clothes will fall off. So you are intrigued by this mouth watering offer and you start researching Keto. There are many websites, books, social media groups, and videos available at your finger tips. Many people share their before and after photos, which make your jaw drop. You can do this to if you just throw that bagel in the garbage and pick up that buttered bacon. So of course this seems like the solution to my weight problem. I simply love to eat. And now I hea...