Skip to main content

God Sends Angel's For Animals To


In April of 2010 a small grey and white cat showed up at our door.I thought she was a kitten because she was so tiny. I assume someone dumped her in the neighborhod as she was friendly, not shy and ate the cat food on the porch right away. Later we discovered she was pregnant and she had her first litter Memorial Day weekend. I made numerous phone calls to find help or homes for the kittens, but it was "kitten season" and no one wanted these babies. I made flyers advertising free kittens. I offered to provide a free kitten kit with a litter box, food and pet dish. No answers and no phone calls came in. After struggling to get help with Oreo's (this is momma cat's name, named by the neighborhood kids)first litter of kittens I felt anxious about finding help for her third litter (Neighbors cared for her second and are uncertain of what happened to them).
With prayers and hope the Jessamine Humane Society has taken these new babies in. All six sweet little fury, blue eyed babies are safe now. Oreo is in good hands as well. Weird enough I mourned for them yesterday. Wandering round the house peering out the window where they would play. I miss them, but I thank God that he sent Angel's to rescue them and give them a chance to live life. God sends Angel's for animals to! For anyone interested in following their story visit http://kittenlibrarian.blogspot.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, " A picture is worth a thousand words". This phrase comes to mind  when I look at a photo of myself from October of 2018. The photo was taken during Halloween and I had dressed as a gypsy. No offense to anyone who has a "gypsy" heritage/ancestry. Since I was young I have been fascinated by old movies featuring the typical gypsy fortune teller. And I have loved this image with all of its magic and mystique ever since. So I was so excited to dress up and hand out candy. I took a photo of my garb in all its glory. Then upon seeing this image I was instantly saddened at what appeared before my eyes. Look at this fat lady. My goodness how did I become so wide? I was horrified at my now scary costume. I have struggled on and off with weight gain since high school. I started putting on pounds in 7th grade. You can see that my face was becoming fuller in the school photos. I was a solid size 16 in ninth grade. I lost some weig...

The Sinking Ship of Depression

If you are triggered by talk of depression please don't read any further. Take care of yourself. This post is a personal reflection of how someone without depression sees this illness and expresses personal opinions of such. I never really understood what depression was or what it looked like. Though to my surprise I had seen it before in my mother, it is still a mystery to me.  Sure I have had deep feelings of sadness over a loss of a loved one, a beloved pet, a friendship that unraveled, or a personal failure of some type. But I always shed my tears, took a nap, gorged on carbs and sugar and moved forward. But when someone close to you experiences depression you realize it is more than a deep sadness. It's this gnawing monster that lives inside of a person and they have to battle this beast daily. Some days are better than others, but I know when the monster is strong, those days are the worst. And this is looking on from the outside. I see the struggle to be strong. I ...

Bacon Makes Your Clothes Fall Off

If you haven't heard of the Keto Diet you may be living under a rock. Keto is the newest craze that dieters across the US are flocking to. You will see Keto products on the shelves in the diet/nutrition section of your supermarket, as well as TV commercials for Keto weight loss shakes, meals, etc. It's not surprising that the Keto craze began, because the first things you hear about this diet are that you can eat all of the bacon, butter, and cheese you want. No calorie counting just eat bacon and fat and your clothes will fall off. So you are intrigued by this mouth watering offer and you start researching Keto. There are many websites, books, social media groups, and videos available at your finger tips. Many people share their before and after photos, which make your jaw drop. You can do this to if you just throw that bagel in the garbage and pick up that buttered bacon. So of course this seems like the solution to my weight problem. I simply love to eat. And now I hea...