Skip to main content

Blog Therapy

I have decided to look at blogging like free therapy. You get to speak your mind, spill your guts or rant and rave about anything from family to politics. What is the likelyhood that anyone will stumble upon my words and feel the need to comment. There seem to be so many bloggers with inspirational words or passionate views. I myself am not sure where I stand. I am not a powerful patriot, a religious fanatic or a financially driven individual. I am merely stumbling through life learning as I go. I find that it is quite useless to fight over the little annoyances and it is best to fly under the radar. By far I would prefer to be a peace keeper. There are some rather unruly, misguided youngsters in my neighborhood and they have stepped on the toes of some parents. One should never threaten another for their is certain to be a not so pleasant consequence. This is equally said for children who threaten children and adults who threaten adults. Why can't we get along? Really why is it so difficult for us to be civil, kind, honest, compassionate? Surveys show that their is more kindness in the world than not, but why do we see the rude and curt so much more easily? I struggle to teach my child "do unto other" but when she is made to suffer with cruel words or a poke in the chest from the child who has not been given this lesson than what do you do? The anger bubbles inside and the thoughts of rage lie just beneath the skin, yet it is the tears of sorrow for the tormentor that I let escape. I am sorry for the violent, angry child who so obviously is missing out on the love that each and evryone of us deserve. I pray that some day the ugliness in this world will come to pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, " A picture is worth a thousand words". This phrase comes to mind  when I look at a photo of myself from October of 2018. The photo was taken during Halloween and I had dressed as a gypsy. No offense to anyone who has a "gypsy" heritage/ancestry. Since I was young I have been fascinated by old movies featuring the typical gypsy fortune teller. And I have loved this image with all of its magic and mystique ever since. So I was so excited to dress up and hand out candy. I took a photo of my garb in all its glory. Then upon seeing this image I was instantly saddened at what appeared before my eyes. Look at this fat lady. My goodness how did I become so wide? I was horrified at my now scary costume. I have struggled on and off with weight gain since high school. I started putting on pounds in 7th grade. You can see that my face was becoming fuller in the school photos. I was a solid size 16 in ninth grade. I lost some weig...

The Sinking Ship of Depression

If you are triggered by talk of depression please don't read any further. Take care of yourself. This post is a personal reflection of how someone without depression sees this illness and expresses personal opinions of such. I never really understood what depression was or what it looked like. Though to my surprise I had seen it before in my mother, it is still a mystery to me.  Sure I have had deep feelings of sadness over a loss of a loved one, a beloved pet, a friendship that unraveled, or a personal failure of some type. But I always shed my tears, took a nap, gorged on carbs and sugar and moved forward. But when someone close to you experiences depression you realize it is more than a deep sadness. It's this gnawing monster that lives inside of a person and they have to battle this beast daily. Some days are better than others, but I know when the monster is strong, those days are the worst. And this is looking on from the outside. I see the struggle to be strong. I ...

Bacon Makes Your Clothes Fall Off

If you haven't heard of the Keto Diet you may be living under a rock. Keto is the newest craze that dieters across the US are flocking to. You will see Keto products on the shelves in the diet/nutrition section of your supermarket, as well as TV commercials for Keto weight loss shakes, meals, etc. It's not surprising that the Keto craze began, because the first things you hear about this diet are that you can eat all of the bacon, butter, and cheese you want. No calorie counting just eat bacon and fat and your clothes will fall off. So you are intrigued by this mouth watering offer and you start researching Keto. There are many websites, books, social media groups, and videos available at your finger tips. Many people share their before and after photos, which make your jaw drop. You can do this to if you just throw that bagel in the garbage and pick up that buttered bacon. So of course this seems like the solution to my weight problem. I simply love to eat. And now I hea...